The Pensions regulator has issued this month’s automatic enrolment messages which concentrate on three themes they would like us to flag with our members – declaring compliance on time, new employer duties and ongoing duties. This is their suggested check list of things to look out for:
- Make sure your clients submit their Declaration of Compliance on time. Don’t let them risk a fine.
- Make sure your clients have completed their automatic enrolment duties before they go on holiday.
- Do you have clients that have recently employed their first member of staff? Do you know when their duties will start?
- Do you have clients that are thinking about starting a new business and taking on a member of staff? Make sure they’re aware they have automatic enrolment duties.
- Automatic enrolment is an ongoing process – it does not end on your clients’ staging date.
If you have clients for whom you process pensions then make sure that you are up to date with the current requirements.